Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Passion for the Guitar

Since I was a teenager I was always attracted to the guitar, when I was 15 years old I start learning, but then stop, I could do chords and stuff, but never very good. I did not play for 12 year, but when I move to Portland Oregon, and I started earning some money, I bought me a cheap guitar. I learned some more stuff but again I got to busy at work and let that aside. Not to mention that at that time I met my beautiful wife.

5 years after that something inside me keep telling me that I had to play again and that this time I had to learn for good. So it was, that in November of 2009 I started practicing almost everyday.

is this good or bad?

Depends, it is good for improving your skills with the instrument, but the problem is that if you have a family, someone you love, or friends and you are not able to balance your passion for the instrument, with the passion for the people you love, then you are going to be in trouble, or better say you will be like me at this time.

The whole purpose of doing something in life is for sharing it with others and enjoying it with others. If that simple equation can not be done, things in your life are going to go the wrong way.

I love music, I love my wife, but at this moment I feel that playing the instrument does not mean much, because the person I love is not with me.

For any activity or passion you have, please listen to me, keep balance between what you love and who you love, one does not go without the other and remember the meaning of life is on the moments you share with the people you love, that is the only thing that counts.

If you have any comments about this thought, please share your view with me.

No comments: